Foreign Students
Change in the sojourn status due to domestic employment
When sojourning in the ROK for study, learning Korean, or other such purposes, the sojourn status of student (D-2) or general trainee (D-4) shall be obtained. When sojourning for employment, an appropriate sojourn status shall be obtained (Articles 10 and 10-2 of the 「Immigration Control Act」 and Article 12 and the attached Table 1-2 of the 「Enforcement Decree of the Immigration Control Act」).
A foreign student who obtains employment in the ROK after completing study shall obtain permission for change in the sojourn status that suits the job classification (Article 24 of the 「Immigration Control Act」).