Accreditation of child care centers
Evaluation for accreditation
- For the safety of infants and young children and the improvement of quality of child care services, the Minister of Health and Welfare shall regularly evaluate the environment of child care centers, operation of child care courses, expertise of child care workers, user satisfaction, etc., and may entrust such affairs to public institutions, private institutions, or organizations (Article 30 (1) and Subparagraph 4 of Article of 51-2 of the Child Care Act).
Taking necessary measures and announcing the evaluation results
- The Minister of Health and Welfare may take necessary measures, such as the management of child care services of child care centers, and financial and administrative support for child care projects, based on the results of evaluation, and shall publish the results of evaluation (Article 30 (2) and (3) of the Child Care Act).
- Where a child care center evaluated comes to have any of the following grounds, the Minister of Health and Welfare shall adjust the evaluation grade to the lowest grade (Article 30 (4) of the Child Care Act).
· Where a child care center receives an evaluation by fraud or other improper means
· Where an establisher/operator of a child care center is sentenced to imprisonment without labor or a heavier punishment by violating the Child Care Act and such sentence is made final and conclusive
· Where a child care center is subject to an order to return a subsidy pursuant to Subparagraph 2 or 3 of Article 40 of Child Care Act, or to an administrative disposition prescribed in Article 45, 45-2, or 46 through 48 of Child Care Act, which is prescribed by Ordinance of the Ministry of Health and Welfare
· Where the representative or child care teachers and staff of a child care center violates Article 17 of the Child Welfare Act, or commits a sexual crime against children or juveniles defined in Subparagraph 2 of Article 2 of the Act on the Protection of Children and Youth against Sex Offenses
- If necessary to manage the quality of child care services of child care centers evaluated, the Minister of Health and Welfare may adjust the evaluation grade by undergoing verification and checking, and may entrust such affairs to public institutions, private institutions, or organizations (Article 30 (5) and Subparagraph 4 of Article 51-2 of the Child Care Act).
Publication of evaluation results
- The results of the evaluation can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the Child Care Support Center, or the agency or organization entrusted with the evaluation (Article 32-3 (2) of the Enforcement Rules of the Child Care Act).
1. Results of evaluation following evaluation
2. Evaluation history for 10 years prior to the date of publication of evaluation results
3. Where the evaluation grade is adjusted according to the evaluation, the adjusted evaluation grade is adjusted
4. Other matters deemed necessary by the Minister of Health and Welfare to compare and verify the results of the evaluation of child care centers nationwide
- Evaluation and certification of child care centers will be conducted based on evaluation indexes including the following matters (Article 31 (3) of the Enforcement Rules of the Child Care Act).
· Child care environment
· Operation of child care courses
· Expertise of child care workers and user satisfaction