Infectious disease prevention education
Education and training program for infectious disease specialists
- Infectious disease control courses are provided to the heads and managers of grade 5 or higher of public health centers.
- The FMTPII training course for infectious disease control is provided to infectious disease control staff (6-9 grades) to acquire knowledge and expertise related to infectious diseases to improve their ability for initial response against endemics of infectious diseases.
- The intensive educational course on controlling infectious diseases for school nurses is provided for those who have completed the infectious disease control course for school nurses to maintain the schools’ hands-on ability to control infectious diseases and improve their preparation and responsiveness for infectious diseases.
Hands-on course on the preparation and responsiveness against biological terrorism
- The hands-on course on the preparation and responsiveness against biological terrorism is provided to related personnel and initial response staff to learn the basic knowledge and information on biological terrorism and the crisis response manual for early recognition and diagnosis of cases suspected of infectious diseases for biological terrorism and swift and accurate responses to minimize damage.
Education on vaccinations for health and medical personnel
- The education on vaccinations is provided for health and medical personnel of private medical institutions and public health centers to enhance their expertise and improve the program quality.The basic educational courses are provided on and the medical institutions entrusted with the program are required to complete the refresher training each year.
Education for hands-on workers of the National Biobank of Korea
- The Bioresource Bank Department of the Genomic Center of the Korea Centers for Disease Control continues to provide education for each step to enhance the job competence of hands-on staff. The educational courses are composed of the basic education for hands-on operators to enhance their understanding of tasks required for the operation of the National Biobank of Korea, research on the management of the degree of bioresources, and an intensive education for hands-on operators to improve their professional job competence in the areas of law, ethics, etc.
Education of hands-on operators of the National Culture Collection for Pathogens
- In order to enhance the job competence in the research on pathogenic microorganisms and improve the diagnostic competence for infectious diseases through professional education in the health and medical field, the courses on the classification and preservation and management of pathogenic microorganisms are provided to the hands-on staff of the National Culture Collection for Pathogens once every year.
Promotion of infectious disease prevention
New media promotion
- The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention operates a website that offers the latest disease and health information in categories, as well as an online participation promotion group that communicates and spread disease control issues through the eyes of the public via social media such as blogs and Facebook in response to rapidly changing media trends.
- Online promotion
· The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strives to exchange information online and enhance the access of policy-related customers to the information to communicate with the public based on the principle of a transparent disclosure and sharing of the related research results and collected information during the course of performance of its duties as a protector of the public health.
· The website of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides various information such as the latest news on infectious diseases, the control of infectious diseases, disease prevention, research on diseases and health, vaccination help, and tuberculosis ZERO.
- Social media
· The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention manages social media channels to communicate with the public and deliver timely information without any limitation on space.
- The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention promotes offline promotional activities in various fields, including infection control, disease prevention and health research. The Center for Infectious Disease Control conducts a wide variety of activities to promote preventive control of infectious diseases, such as hand washing exercise for everyone, prevention of hand-foot-and-mouth diseases, promotion on the prevention of hepatitis A and C, provision of health information (thermo, cryo) due to climate change, quarantine control, and guidance on disease outbreak.
- The Center manufactures and distributes promotional materials on hand washing exercises to prevent infectious diseases, and conducts public service advertisements that emphasize the importance of hand washing.