Facilities and equipment of a beauty salon
Criteria for facilities and equipment
- The following criteria for facilities and equipment shall be satisfied in advance by those who wish to register a beauty salon (Article 3(1) of the Public Health Control Act and Article 2 and attached Table 4(a) of the Enforcement Regulations of the Public Health Control Act).
· Containers that separately store sterilized beauty appliances from non-sterilized ones.
· Equipment that sterilizes beauty appliances such as disinfectors and UV sterilizers
· A workspace, reception area, and consultation room, etc. (Partitions may be installed to separate these areas, but if the partition installed has an entrance door, at least one third of such door shall be transparent. However, doors to changing rooms must not be transparent.)
Sanctions for violations
- The head of a Si/Gun/Gu may order a beauty salon operator who has violated criteria for facilities and equipment to make an improvement (not exceeding 6 months), suspend its business (not exceeding 1 month), or close its business establishment (Article 10 Subparagraph 1, and Article 11(1) of the Public Health Control Act and Article 17(1), Article 19 and attached Table 7 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Public Health Control Act).