Filing applications for business registration and issuance of business registration certificates
Filing applications for business registration
- The founder of an online shopping mall shall file an application for business registration by submitting the relevant documents to the head of a tax office that has jurisdiction over the business establishment, either prior to the commencement of his/her business or within 20 days from the date of commencement of his/her business (Article 8(1) of the Value-Added Tax Act, Article 11(3) of the Enforcement Decree of the Value-Added Tax Act, and Article 9(1) of the Enforcement Regulations of the Value-Added Tax Act).
- If an entrepreneur fails to file for a business registration, the head of the tax office having jurisdiction over the place of business may register the entrepreneur’s business after inspecting his/her business (Article 11(6) of the Enforcement Decree of the Value-Added Tax Act).
Issuance of business registration certificates
- Upon receipt of filed application for business registration, a business registration certificate shall be issued to the applicant within 2 days, excluding Saturdays, holidays, and Labor Day (Article 11(5) of the Enforcement Decree of the Value-Added Tax Act).
Sanctions for violations
- Where an entrepreneur fails to file an application for registration within the time limit, 1% of the total value of supplies during the period from the commencement date of the business to the date immediately preceding the date the registration application is filed or the date the head of the tax office filed a registration of authority (Subparagraph 1 of Article 60(1) of the Value-Added Tax Act).
Correction and termination of business registration
Filing a report of correction on business registration
- If anycorrection of business registration becomes necessary, the entrepreneur shallpromptly file (including via the national tax information and communicationsnetwork) a report on correction of business registration stating his/herpersonal details, the modifications in his/her business registration, and othernecessary information and submit them to thecompetent tax office head, or any other tax office head considered favorable bythe operator (Article 8(8) of the 「Value-Added Tax Act」, Article 14(1) of the 「Enforcement Decree of theValue-Added Tax Act」, and Article 11 of the 「Enforcement Regulations of theValue-Added Tax Act」).
Termination of business registration
- Where an entrepreneur closes his/her business or have not practically started a business subsequent to the business registration, his/her business registration shall be terminated (Article 8(9) of the Value-Added Tax Act).